C Software engineer for syslog-ng teamWhat is Balabit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We - the engineers of syslog-ng - are looking for a highly motivated, experienced person for our team. Our team is responsible for the whole life cycle of both the Premium Edition and Open Source Edition of syslog-ng. These include developing features for Fortune 500 companies and answering questions on GitHub.
Your responsibilities will include
- designing and developing new features,
- troubleshooting, supporting customers (along with open source users),
- planning backlog items and sharing your knowledge with the team.
We expect you to be able to understand and explain complex systems, solve their problems and extend their functionality. You would use your skills to develop syslog-ng on Unix (AIX, HPUX, FreeBSD, Solaris), Linux, Windows systems, using 21st century C (TDD, clean code, OOP).
You would integrate syslog-ng with SIEMs and log analyzer solutions to extend the existing big data and database support (Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic, Hadoop). Furthermore, you could extend the open source edition with your own ideas.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- solid C (21st century) or C++ and Java/Python knowledge
- experience in Linux/Unix system programming/debugging
- OOP, clean code, unit test
What can you learn in our team?
- Performance optimizing message processing pipelines
- Deepening your existing knowledge of multi platform development (AIX, HPUX, Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux)
- Collaborating with an open source community (including Google Summer of Code mentoring)
- Collaborating with product management and customers to create working solutions instead of just delivering software features
- Writing technical blogposts
- Budapest, XI. district
How to apply:
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application: