Senior Software EngineerWhat is Balabit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be:
- Interested in network and security technologies.
- Passionate about programming and eager to deliver quality results.
- Understand and be able to talk coherently about any practices such as refactoring, TDD and pair programming.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
What your tasks will be?
- Think and work together with an AGILE team.
- Planning, implementing, creating, testing new functionalities choosing the right solution.
- Develop and improve the testing methods of the product.
- Continuously improve your and your teammates' technical skills.
- Understand and be able to explain to the dev team the importance of principles of good software design and architecture.
- Mentoring team members in technical guidance.
- Take part of research for new technologies and solutions.
- 2+ years enterprise software development experience in senior position.
- Development experience in Python and/or Scala
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and common design patterns.
- Have worked in an Agile environment such as Scrum/Kanban with experience in Test-Driven and in Clean Code development.
- Experience in designing sustainable solutions in a Linux-based environment.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework.
- Good knowledge of fundamental networking and security concepts.
- Experience with integrating IT security products.
- Git fanatic.
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because you can now fix those problems you had during integrating security products in the past!
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you can work on open source projects.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
How to apply:
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application.
Hope to meet you soon!