Presales Engineer (Budapest)What is Balabit? The accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where you can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are looking for a PRE-SALES ENGINEER who would like to join a young team with his/her dynamic personality and helpful attitude.
As a Pre-Sales System Engineer you will support Balabit's sales and marketing activities. Your role includes providing detailed product information, solution design, consulting, training, and problem solving in pre- and post-sales phases, attending to and presenting at various IT security events.
The position will give you a great opportunity to work both individually and as a part of a team. It will satisfy your ambition to develop and greatly advance your technical, professional and sales support skills, while learning our cutting-edge network security technologies.
- Work closely with Sales Managers in supporting existing and prospective accounts and partners with strong technical knowledge.
- Plan and hold technical and sales-oriented presentations.
- Assist the sales team to recognize customers and prospects business problems that can be solved with Balabit solutions.
- Respond to RFPs and prepare technical proposals.
- Support product evaluations and proof of concepts.
- Cooperate with Pre-Sales, Service Delivery, Product Management and Product Development teams.
- College or university degree in informatics or economics.
- At least 1 - 2 years of experience as a Pre-Sales or System Engineer.
- Experience with Unix/Linux- and Windows-based server systems.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application level protocols and IT-security technology.
- Knowledge in scripting languages like perl, python, bash, awk.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Customer-oriented attitude with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent Hungarian/English both written and spoken.
- Being passionate, enthusiastic and able to work independently.
- The willingness and ability to travel globally on a very frequent basis.
- Experience in delivering training courses is a plus.
What we offer is:
- Competitive base salary + bonus.
- Flexible working hours.
- Learning top level technologies.
- Employee-focused attitude, open company culture.
Place of work: Budapest XI.
If you are interested in the above mentioned opportunity, and you believe that you fulfill the requirements, please register your CV here: