What is Balabit, you ask?
It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
Balabit infrastructure is a place where we merge cutting-edge enterprise technology with the most innovative open source solutions. The network is extending to abroad with the company itself and your challenge is to help in providing this growth with your competency and enthusiasm.
We are currently looking for System Engineer to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be:
- Committed to providing stable and smooth IT for a software developer company.
- Able to take ownership of your work.
- Committed to learning new technologies.
- Friendly and helpful attitude with users.
- A team player who is good in cooperation.
- Understanding our users needs and giving them technical level support.
- Participating in development of the worldwide growing Balabit infrastructure.
- Installing, maintaining and updating cross-platform based infrastructure virtual servers (Linux,Windows).
- Develop and ensure the run of the monitoring, config management, backup and patching system.
- Maintain the Balabit network in the HQ and in the branch offices.
- Stay informed about security issues and considerations.
Requirements and desired experience:
- Bachelor's degree or education in progress.
- Confident level of English and Hungarian.
- Experience with Linux or Windows servers for at least 1 year.
- Experience with Linux and Cisco networking (routing basics, switching basics, iptables, etc.).
- Knowledge about monitoring and configuration management systems (nagios, munin, zabbix, salt, etc.).
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.).
Why choose Balabit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because you can now fix those problems you had during integrating security products in the past!
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you can work on open source projects.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
How to apply:
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application.
Hope to meet you soon!