IT System engineerWhat is Balabit? The accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where you can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are looking for an IT System engineer who would like to join a young team with his/her dynamic personality and helpful attitude.
You should ideally be:
- Dedicated to keep the core systems running smoothly.
- Self-motivated about improving the infrastructure day by day.
- Open and patient for solving technical problems of colleagues and client departments.
- Always eager to improve your knowledge and skills.
- An engineer who takes responsibility for their job.
If you think the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
Your responsibilities are:
- Work with most of the following systems: blade and rack servers, storage systems, virtualization, backup system, Linux.
- Ensure running of IT management systems and reacting to incidents.
- Proactively maintaining the systems to avoid major problems.
- Participate in design and improvement of the infrastructure.
- Work in cooperation with other engineering departments in Balabit, understanding their needs and problems.
Requirements and desired experience:
- Bachelor's degree or education in progress with at least 2 years of experience in system engineering.
- Experience with servers or virtualization (VMware or AWS or Azure) or backup systems.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and popular scripting languages.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with enterprise grade networking (VLAN, routing, ACL, etherchannel, wifi).
- Any certificate with: VMware, Linux or Cisco
- Helpful attitude and team player
- Comfort with the agile world and open communication
- Confident level of English and Hungarian
- Continuous self-improvement
- Dedicated to using security best practices.
- Responsibility for outcomes and solutions.
If you are interested in the above mentioned opportunity, and you believe that you fulfill the requirements, please upload your CV below: