Presales Engineer (US)What is BalaBit? The accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where you can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are looking for a PRESALES SYSTEM ENGINEER who would like to join a young team with his/her dynamic personality and helpful attitude.
As a Presales System Engineer you will support BalaBit's sales and marketing activities in the US. Your role includes providing detailed product information, solution design, consulting, training, and problem solving in pre- and post-sales phases, attending to and presenting at various IT security events.
The position will give you a great opportunity to work both individually and as a part of a team. It will satisfy your ambition to develop and greatly advance your technical, professional and sales support skills, while learning our cutting-edge network security technologies.
- Work closely with Sales Managers in supporting existing and prospective accounts and partners.
- Support the sales process with strong technical knowledge.
- Plan and hold technical and sales-oriented presentations.
- Assist the sales team in assessing potential customer needs for BalaBit solutions including preparation of detailed specifications.
- Cooperate with Presales, Service Delivery, Product Management and Product Development teams.
- College or university degree in informatics or economics.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience as a system engineer.
- Experience or knowledge of Unix/Linux-systems.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application level protocols and firewall technology.
- Knowledge in scripting languages like perl, python, bash, awk.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Customer-oriented attitude with good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Experience in delivering training courses is a plus.
Workplace: New York, United States
What we offer is:
- Competitive based salary + bonus.
- Flexible working hours.
- Learning top level technologies.
- Employee-focused attitude, open company culture.
If you are interested in the above mentioned opportunity, and you believe that you fulfill the requirements, please upload your CV and your cover letter below: