Cyber Security Product OwnerWhat is Balabit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
Balabit Privileged Access Management applies machine learning algorithms in the security domain. For us, data science is not just something that helps the decisionmaking: it is the product itself. Your task is to help the team turn mathematics into a scalable product that catches the bad guys.
Our products play in a unique field: we are building security products for enterprise customers. That means the expectations are high but also means the possibility to work closely with people protecting the largest and most secure IT infrastructures of the world. You need to understand the needs of enterprise customers and deliver a product that meets their expectations.
We are seeking a hands-on product owner for the Privileged Access Management team. You will be working together with the product manager responsible for Privileged Access Management to support the business needs and help the engineering and data science team. The PO’s main responsibility is the high-level strategy and sales & marketing issues; your task would be to work closely with the dev team, the data scientists, customers and other stakeholders on solving the challenges building a user behavior analysis product means.
We are currently looking for Cyber Security Product Owner to join our creative and enthusiastic team in Budapest.
We are searching for you, If you…
- are a security engineer and would like to shift to the vendor side.
- are responsible for coordinating your team’s life.
- are familiar with the cyber security ecosystem from technical perspective.
- are able to make technical decisions, but still open to sit down next to the keyboard.
- are willing to create exciting product for global enterprises from the Budapest office.
- Contributing actively to the product vision and ultimately owning the product.
- Communicating the project vision to the team and motivating them to follow it.
- Deciding content and prioritization of product development work in the agile organization.
- Ensuring that work is prioritized and delivered in line with customer needs and business value.
- Supporting the development team to create a product that can be integrated with other cyber security products
- Participating in project planning, reviews, sprint and release planning, demos.
- Continuously seeking to improve the product development process.
- College or university degree (preferably in IT)
- Detailed technical knowledge in the field of networking, IT security or enterprise IT infrastructure (at least one)
- Experience with cyber security products that manages access control and/or incident management (e.g. PAM, SIEM, IAM, behaviour analytics etc.)
- 3-5+ years of track record in one of the following roles:
- product management
- professional services/integration (security field)
- software architect/lead developer
- security analyst
- security engineer
- Proficient English knowledge both verbal and written
- Presentation skills and ability to work in a team
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
- Deep knowledge of data science topics (mainly behaviour analytics), track record working on data-oriented projects
- Knowledge of Linux systems on the system administration level
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Because here you can work on open source projects.
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
How to apply:
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application.
Hope to meet you soon!