System Engineer traineeWhat is BalaBit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
Looking for a System engineer trainee who is ready to pick up new skills and would like to join a creative and high-qualified Team!
- Handling the incoming Customer reports via email and the ticketing system
- Active co-operation in case handling via building reproduction environment, analysis of log files, diagnosing and resolving software errors
- Assisting in configuration and sizing projects and manage the related administration
- Cooperation with the Co-departments on daily basis
- Ongoing MSc or BSc education in the field of IT or any engineering (full-time, active semester)
- Intermediate English both spoken and written
- Some experience in the world of Linux/ UNIX systems or willing to learn these
- Self-dependence, pro-activity, willingness to acquire new knowledge.
- Good communication skills
- Logical thinking
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because you can have deep-technical knowledge on Linux/ Unix systems
- You can get Customer Care experience
- You can find interesting topics for your diploma thesis from the real life
- Via our internal training program, you can improve yourself constantly and can have a clear career path
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place
- Here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
- Linux systems knowledge
- Knowledge of some popular scripting languages (e.g. perl, python, bash, awk).
- Active command of language in either German, French, Russian or Hungarian.
- Knowledge of logging solutions (e.g. syslog-ng).
- Knowledge and operating experience of firewall technologies.
Workplace: Budapest, XI. district
Working hours: min. 20-25 hours weekly, 8.00- 18.00 CEST/CET Monday-Friday