Technical writerWhat is Balabit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for a Technical Writer to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be
- Interested in information technology.
- A resourceful writer with critical attitude.
- A friend of a calm working environment with music.
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Manage the documentation process (gather information from developers, produce/update documentation content, get review feedback, publish documentation).
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of IT security products, ranging from user manuals and tutorials to marketing documents (for examples, see https://www.balabit.com/privileged-session-management/documentation).
- Prepare single-sourced, modular documentation.
- Actively participate in feature planning and UI reviews.
- Review published materials and recommend revision or change in scope, format or content.
- Collaborate with your team and other affected departments (development, marketing, sales, and support).
- At least 2 years experience in technical writing (actual technical writing, not copy editing or translation).
- Knowledge of XML (DocBook/DITA).
- Experience in writing manuals for an audience with a technical background.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation in English.
- Knowledge of Technical English.
- Technical affinity (ability to understand complex products, the content of documentation, to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures).
- Critical attitude (peer reviews, usability reviews, and feedback on product features).
- Openness to new experiences and learning.
- Ability to handle task diversity.
- Simplified English.
- Experience in non-typical technical writing areas (graphics design, web writing, content marketing, e-learning, and so on).
- Content optimization and analytics (SEO, web analytics, and so on) experience.
Why would you choose us?
- Because you will have an important role in the strategic events of a fast growing company…
- Because you will be part of an inspiring international team full of smart people...
- Because you will get regular feedback on your work…
- Because we have a really Cool Workplace in the 11th district (Budapest)…
- Because you can be proud of our products – as we make the world a safer place…
- Because we organize regular beer and sausage parties on the terrace…
- Because we are growing fast and growth creates new opportunities and of course challenges all the time...
- Because here we need your creativity and spirit...
Location: Budapest 11.
If you are interested in joining the adventure, please upload your CV here: