Agile Team Leader / Scrum masterWhat is Balabit? The accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where you can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for an Agile Team Leader to join our creative and enthusiastic development team.
You should ideally be:
- Interested in network and security technologies.
- Passionate about programming and eager to deliver quality results.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- like thinking and working together with an agile team.
- are constructive with superb problem solving skills.
- are able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- are not afraid of words like git, kernel, backtrace.
You are going to enjoy working in our team.
What your tasks will be:
- Building up an effective and self-organized team by ensuring the team vision and teamwork
- Continuously increasing productivity and ensuring tracking to deliver maximum value to the customer
- Keeping the goals clear and visible to the teams, ensure real commitment by the team
- Leading the team/the team members and encouraging the use of Agile practice within the team and organization
- Serving the company/department/team that decisions, information, rules and “voice” be represented in each side
- Managing conflicts
- Removing impediments
- Working as teamplayer as member of the ATLs’ group to continuously increase efficiency of the Development Department
- Being the evangelist of the Company culture and Agile mindset
- College or University degree. (IT or related field)
- At least 2 years experience of managing software development projects and leading 4-6 engineers.
- Experience in agile team (Scrum, Kanban) management.
- A good command of English.
- Empathy, motivation, good problem-solving skill.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Confident, proactive, strong sense of responsibility.
- Knowledge of development methodologies/tools (TDD/BDD, CleanCode, Review, etc.)
On the plus side:
- Experience in software planning and documentation.
- Experience in using version control system.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Knowledge of IT Security.
Why choose Balabit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we are growing fast and growth creates new opportunities all the time.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
Location: Budapest XI.
How to apply:
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application: