Devops Engineer TraineeWhat is BalaBit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for DevOps Engineer Trainee (from 24 hours a week) to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be
- Passionate about automation and eager to deliver quality results.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- Take ownership of your work and challenge technical decisions.
- Interested in DevOps trends and best practices.
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
What your tasks will be
- Learn the use of DevOps tools by creating new and improving existing infrastructure services.
- Gain experience in operating services by solving problems reported by the monitoring systems or the users.
- Participate in architectural and technical decisions about services of the development infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain automation tools to support the development infrastructure.
- Provide monitoring, optimization, tuning, capacity planning of the development environment.
- Work in close cooperation with the product development teams.
- Proactively support the teams to solve their DevOps problems.
- Continuously improve your and your teammates' skills.
Requirements and desired experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in progress.
- Experience in operating Linux systems (at least your own desktop computer).
- Ability to evaluate and use open source technologies and tools.
- Programming knowledge (Python or other script language preferred).
- Experience in operating network services (such as a web stack).
- Networking knowledge (experience with at least a home network).
- Experience in virtualization, container or PaaS/IaaS cloud technologies.
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication.
- Interest in security best practices.
- Confident level of English and Hungarian.
- Openness to new experiences and to learning.
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
Location: Budapest 11.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application: