What is BalaBit? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You might be the one if:
- You are passionate about working with data and exploring hidden trends
- You can turn your analyses into Python or R code. You are familiar with the mathematical background and you are able to use this knowledge in your everyday work when reading papers or applying a model to our domain
- You are a creative thinker with an analytical mind
- You are able to learn and teach as well and get enthusiastic about what you do and get others on board, too
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
So what will be your job about?
- As a member of our Data Science team, support the development of our security analytics product, Blindspotter
- Understand the domain well enough to understand the data sets and come up with potential models to be applied
- Create and validate prototype models in Scala or Python and help our development team to turn that into production code, part of our product
- Convert, transform & munge data sets as needed for analysis
- Improve and refine models based on customer feedback, potentially visiting customers directly
Why choose Balabit?
- Because at BalaBit you could work on significant products which make the world a safer place
- Because we want you to find exciting new methods in the latest papers and sponsor you in presenting your results at international conferences.
- Because we prize knowledge sharing
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create
- Because our offices are cozy but not oppressively trendy
- At least 2-3 years Data Science experience
- Programming skills in Python, R or other languages
- Can implement, measure and evaluate machine learning algorithms
- Creative, analytic and open personality
- A good command of English
- Openness to new experiences and to learn
- Ability to work in a team
- Eager to play with data
- Can present the result of data analysis
On the plus side
- Programming skills in Scala
- Experiences in Spark, H2O
- IT Security or Networking experience
- Software engineering background. (GIT, TDD, Clean code)
- Development experience on Linux
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in analysing and cleaning large-scale unstructured data sets
- Blog writing experience - our blog