Technical Support Engineer USWhat is Balabit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. Moreover, last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer colleague with a dynamic personality and helpful attitude to join North American Engineering team.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of complex solutions to our enterprise clients, as well as providing technical resolution to issues in connection with our portfolio.
Your role also includes providing detailed product information, solution design, integration, consulting, training, and problem-solving in post-sales phases.
The position will give you an opportunity to work both individually and as part of a team. It will satisfy your ambition to develop and advance your technical and professional skills while learning our cutting-edge network security technologies.
- Design and manage the execution of integration projects
- Professional support to Channel Partners and Customers in connection with the Balabit’s portfolio
- Understand customer needs, diagnose, and resolve software errors via our ticketing system, emails, video conferencing, or on-site visits
- Cooperation with the other internal departments such as Sales Engineering, Development, and the Product teams on a daily basis
- Writing design, project documents, and manuals
- College or university degree in informatics.
- At least five years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Experience in the planning, implementation, documentation and operation of Unix/ Linux systems
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application level protocols, and firewall technologies
- Experience in network communication debugging, routing, knowledge of VPN technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Python, Bash, AWK
- Basic programming skills, ability to read and interpret source code
- Self-dependence, pro-activity, willingness to acquire new knowledge
- Good communication skills, customer-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Knowledge of logging solutions (e.g. syslog-ng)
- Experience with current server applications (Apache, Postfix, databases, etc.)
Workplace: New York, United States
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because with us, you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us, you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
If you are interested in the opportunity, and you believe that you fulfill the requirements, please upload your English CV and your cover letter with your salary expectations via this link: