DevOps EngineerWhat is BalaBit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for DevOps Engineer to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be:
- Passionate about automation and eager to deliver quality results.
- Able to take ownership of your work and challenge technical decisions.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- Knowledgeable of DevOps trends and best practices.
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
What your tasks will be:
- Participate in architectural and technical decisions that impact development infrastructure.
- Ensure the background infrastructure, oversee all necessary changes (Linux, Windows, development/test network Jira, Gitlab, Gerrit, Jenkins, in-house tools, etc).
- Develop and maintain automation tools to support the development infrastructure.
- Provide configuration management monitoring, optimization, tuning, capacity planning of the development environment.
- Work in close cooperation with the product development teams.
- Proactively support the teams to solve their DevOps problems (even those they weren’t aware of).
- Continuously improve your and your teammates' skills.
Requirements and desired experience:
- Bachelor's degree or solid work experience.
- Deep knowledge of Linux or Windows is a must.
- Development experience (Python or other script languages).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Experience with distributed system development and operation.
- Experience in server virtualization or container technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare, Docker, and AWS or Azure).
- Knowledge about monitoring best practices.
- Configuration management experience.
- Continuous integration experience.
- Networking knowledge and experience.
- Deep knowledge of a distributed revision control system.
- Experience in organizing managing heterogeneous physical servers (test machines).
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Confident level of English and Hungarian.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Openness to new experiences and to learning.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
Location: Budapest 11.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the following page, indicating the job title in your application: